top of page

Specialist holiday let insurance for holiday home owners

Deal Holiday Lets has partnered with a leading insurance provider to offer you specialist insurance cover for guests staying in your property on a short term basis. Owners can choose an all-in-one insurance or a top-up insurance that works with your existing cover.

All-in-one insurance

Buy your home and landlord insurance
All-in-one cover for your specific sharing needs.

Top Up insurance

Keep your existing home insurance 
Top-up your cover for your specific sharing needs.

Get a quote in under 60 seconds


Cover from as little as £2 per night or £79.99 for the year


Your questions answered:


Why do you need specialist holiday let insurance? 
Standard home and landlord policies often exclude the following from their cover:


  • Accidental or Malicious damage to property

  • Theft without forced entry to the property

  • Legal liability if your guest injures themselves

  • Legal Expense to defend or pursue legal claims e.g. for legal liability or eviction of guest


This is why we recommend specialist holiday let insurance cover that is designed specifically for holiday let owners. 


How much will it cost? 

Prices start from £79.99 for a full annual policy or you can choose a pay per stay option with prices starting from as little as £2 per night. 

What will the insurance cover?

  • All types of properties from houses to flats, and bungalows which are being rented out as entire properties.

  • Buildings cover up to a maximum rebuild cost of £800,000, contents up to a maximum of £75,000, legal liability up to £2m and legal expenses up to £50,000.

Who underwrites the insurance?

The insurance is underwritten by UK General on behalf of Great Lakes a subsidiary of Munich Re.  If you have a claim it will be paid by this facility. Munich Re has an AA- credit rating with Standard and Poor’s which means you are in financially safe hands.

Do I need to tell my home insurer?

Yes, it’s important that you let your main insurer know that you have paying guests as they require you to declare any changes to the use of your property under their terms and conditions. 


You will need to call your insurer to let them know that you want to let on a short-term basis and intend to take out supplementary insurance


Great how do I sign up? 

Our affiliate partners are the experts, so it’s best to speak to them directly. As soon as you become a client of Deal Holiday Lets, we'll put you in touch with our affiliate partners and you can get a quote in as little as 60 seconds. 


Backed by the best:

bottom of page